Jangaon District History

973 AD - 1163 AD : Western Chalukyas of Kalyani

973 AD - 997 AD : Tailapa II
997 - 1008 AD : Satyasraya
1008 - 1015 AD : Vikramaditya V
1010 AD : Bhimarasa
1010 AD : Pallagutta
This inscription is on the pillar in the Museum and dated as S, 933 Sadharana falls in S. 932 and not in 933, A.D. 1010. Mentions certain Maha Samantadhipati who bore epithets Sahaja Turaga Vidyadhara and Ranamukha Bhairava. It registers the gift of flower garden and dwelling site, towards the perpetual lamp and daily offerings to the God (name lost). Bhimarasa mentioned in this record seems to be identical with samanta Kesari Bhimarasa. a feudatory of Satyasraya who held Banawasi from 1002 to 1006.

1058 AD - 1079 AD : Sankaraganda of Kandura
Tummalagudem, Ramannapet Taluk. 
11th century. Telugu and Kannada.
This inscription is on four sides of a stone pillar of the ruined temple near Indrapalagutta. Third side is not copied, it is touching the wall.

It is registered as a gift of some wetland by a certain Mahasamantadhipati Sankaragandarasa, who bears the title Rattarameru, to the Jayadhira Jinalaya. He seems to be identical with his name sake mentioned in the undated Akunuru epigraph who stated be governing Kollipakanadu-20000 (Ins. of A. P. Warangal Dist. No. 3 and the unpublished epigraph unearthed recently at Kadivendi, both in Jangaon Taluk).

1107 AD - 1126 AD : Kumara Somesvara
Mahapradhani : Savipayya also referred to as Swami dandanatha, Savideva, and Savidandadhipa
Dandanayakas : Kalimayya, Tikkapayya

Guduru, Jangaon.
24th December A.D. 1124
This inscription is inscribed on the four sides of a stone pillar set up in the village. It is stated that while the Chalukys emperor Tribhuvanamalladava was ruling the earth from his nelevidu, at Jayanthipura, his son Chalukya Ganga Permmadi Kumara Somesvara Deva the governor of Kollipaka-7000, at the request of Savipayya his mahapradhana and mane-verggade and the dandanayaka, of the said province, made a gift of the village of Bammarige in the vicinity of Velpugonda-24 in C.V. 49 Krodhi, Pushya ba. 1, Budhavara (A.D. 1124, December 24) for the anga-range-bhogus of the Mallesvaradeva of Gumuduru.

The inscription describes the achievements of Kumara Somesvara and the greatness of his maha-pradhana Savipayya who is also referred to as Swami dandanatha, Savideva, and Savidandadhipa. The former is said to have won victory over the Chola and the Ganga kings, and burnt in the fire of his anger the Kalinga-traya i.e., the three Kalingas. The latter is said to have been famous for his prowess, liberality and beauty.

Natavadi Chiefs
1104 AD - 1157 AD : Durga or Duggabhupa or Natavadi Duggaraja 
He issued records of him own. His earliest inscription is from Nidikonda in Jangaon district dated in the 29th year of C.V. era. Corresponding to December 24, 1104 AD. Durga is mentioned as Dugga and Duggaraja in the record and as Duggabhupathi in the Inugurti record of his son Budha.

24th December, 1104 AD : Nidikonda, Jangaon District.
Dated C.V.E. 29, Tarana, Uttarayana Samkranti, (A.D. 1104, Dec. 24). Introduced king feudatory Mandalika Duggarasa lord of Natavadi region and records his gift of land to the temple Muppesvara constructed by his wife.Subordinate of Vikramaditya VI of the Chalukyas of Kalyani. Durgaraja’s loyalty to Chalukyas might have continued throughout the reigns if Vikramaditya VI and Somesvara III till about 1140 AD.

1106 AD : C.V 29 inscription of Duggaraja

Kakatiya Prola II (1116 - 1157) married Muppamamba, sister of Durga.

24th December A.D. 1104 : Nidigonda
States that Muppamambika, wife of Duggabhupa, of Natavadi family and a subordinate of the Chalukya emperor Tribhuvanamalladeva built the temple of Muppesvaradeva and that Mandalika Duggarasa granted on the occasion of Uttarayaṇa sankranti, in the year Tarana, corresponding to C.V. 29 (mistake for 26), (24th December, A.D. 1104) 2 martars of paddy field and 20 martars of karamba behind the Rattasamudra tank and his wife gave Nerapugunta of Gundami Banda for the anga bhoga of the god and feeding the pujaris.

1158 AD - 1323 AD : Kakatiya Dynasty

1157 AD - 1201 AD : Natavadi Budha 

1201 AD - 1248 AD : Natavadi Rudra
1219 AD : Nidigonda, Jangaon Taluk, Warangal District.
This inscription is on a broken stone near the old Shiva temple (at present in the office premises). Fragmentary. This and the following Kundavaram inscription are identical, accepting the portions pertaining to the grants. The present inscription situated in the temple premises might have been intended to record the construction of the temple and granting of some endowments to the same by Kundamamba wife of Natavadi Rudra and sister of Kakatiya Ganapatideva

1219 AD : Kundamba, wife of Natavadi Rudra and sister of Ganapatideva gifted village vemulatonta renaming to Kundavaram in Jangaon.

30th December, A.D. 1209.  : Tripurantakam, Markapur Taluk, Prakasam District. 
This inscription is on four faces of a pillar set up in the linga on the north side of the Kitchen in the Tripurantantakesvara. It states that Melambika, sister of Kakatiya Ganapatideva and wife of Malla-Rudra, son of Buddaraja, chief of Natavadi consecrated the image of Mailambikesvara in the temple of Tripurantaka and endowed it with land in the village of Dittalu. Gives the Kakatiya genealogy.

22nd April, A.D. 1213 : Kundavaram, Adilabad District.
This inscription opens with the expression avighamastu followed by prayer to Varaha, which was the insignia of the lords of the Kakatiya family. The inscription gives the genealogy of the Kakatiya family from Tribhuvanamalla (Beta II). His son was Prola II; and his son was Rudra. Rudra`s capital Orumgallu is described as having had roads called Soma-vidhi and Surya-vidhi. Rudra`s younger brother was Mahadeva to whom were born Ganapati and Kundala-mahadevi or Kundamamba from his queen Bayyalamahadevi. Kundala-mahadevi was given in marriage to Natavadi Rudra, the son of Buddha-bhupala. Her son was Madhava also known as Mahadeva. She is stated to have given away Kundapura-agrahara, named after herself, to several brahmanas belonging to different gotras, details of which are given. The gift village was situated on the north bank of the river Godavari.

Kundamamba is also stated to have built the temples of Kundesvara, Hari and Sun as a trikuta resembling the amnaya-tritaya, i.e. three vedas. She also excavated the tank called Kunda-samudram. It is further stated that all the three Viz., Kudapura-agrahara, the Kundesvara temple and the tank Kundasamudra were located on the northern bank of the Gautami. Record is made of the brahmanas making a grant of four nivartanas of land to the gods Siva, Vishnu and Sun. the details of the boundaries of the gift land are given. The inscription was composed by Balabharati-kavi.