Medak District History

Medak District is located in the state of Telangana. Medak was originally known as Methukudurgam which subsequently changed into Methuku due to the growth of fine and coarse rice in this area. It was also called Siddapuram then the town name was later changed as Gulshanabad and then Medak but with passage of time, the prefix Siddapur lost its glory and with popular usage the district came to be known as Medak.

It was also part of Kasavula-seventy region

In 1956 during the re-organization of States, the Hyderabad State was trifurcated the nine pre-dominantly Telugu speaking districts of Mahbubnagar, Hyderabad, Medak, Nizamabad, Adilabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam and Nalgonda known as Telangana region were transferred to Andhra Pradesh. Major portions of predominantly Kannada speaking districts of Raichur, Gulbarga and Bidar were transferred to Karnataka State While Maratwada comprising the five districts of Aurangabad, Osmanabad, Bhir, Parbhani, Nanded and a portion of Bidar which is predominantly Marathi speaking was transferred to Maharashtra State. These changes were effected on 1st November 1956.

Medak District is bifurcated from Erstwhile Medak District, Headquarters at Sangareddy. According to G.O.M.S 239; Dt: 11-10-2016 by Government of Telangana. It is surrounded by Kamareddy, Siddipet and Sangareddy districts.


Traces of Neolithic and Megalithic culture was found at Edithanur and Wargal village hillocks in the district. Rock paintings were found at Edithanur boulders and Hastallapur rocks.

700 BC - 300 BC : Assaka/Asmaka/Ashmaka (The 16 Mahajanapadas)

300 BC - 185 BC : Mauryan Empire
Researchers have discovered a terracotta object containing Brahmi inscriptions written in the Prakrit language and in characters of the 3rd century BC on the bank of the Manjira river at Kulcharam in Medak district. The inscription reads “Devana” prefixed with a symbol of ‘Nandipada’.

The word indicates a part of the title of the great emperor Ashoka of the Maurya dynasty. History and Archaeology researcher MA Srinivasan and his team comprising of B Shankar Reddy, B Nagaraju and N Arun Kumar discovered this terracotta antiquity on the banks of the Manjira river.

Three Buddhist label inscriptions were also found in rock shelters just a kilometre away from the site where the antiquity was found. These inscriptions are in Prakrit language and Brahmi script of 1st BC - 1st century AD. They read as ‘Henamo Buddeya’, ‘Dhama’, ‘He jama’ and are found on the rock boulders.

230 BC – 220 AD : Satavahanas ( Were vassals of Mauryan Empire)​
The excavations at Kondapur, located 15 km from Sangareddy and 60 km from Medak, have brought to light the remains of Satavahana dynasty and a few Buddhist structures.

The Kondapur Museum is maintained by the Archeological Survey of India. The Kondapur Museum contains about 8,100 antiquities at present. It houses the coins of the Satavahana kings which led some scholars to come to the conclusion that Kondapur was one of the thirty walled towns of the Satavahanas. There are the remains of Chaityas and Stupas indicating that Kondapur was once a great Buddhist center. Other things which were excavated and are on display include gold coin of the Roman Emperor Augustus (37 BC -14 AD), a few silver coins, bead pieces of terra cotta bangles, shell, ivory, copper and glass embossed with designs.

220 AD - 250 AD :Ikshvaku (Nalgonda, Khammam)


250 AD - 500 AD : Vakataka Dynasty


500 AD - 543 AD : Kadamba Dynasty (West of Mahboobnagar, Ranga Reddy, Medak)


543 AD - 753 AD : Badami Chalukyas


753 AD - 982 AD : Rashtrakuta Dynasty
814 AD - 878 AD : Amoghavarsha I
Govinda III was succeeded by his son named Sarva, who is better known as Amoghavarsha. He took up the titles of Nripatunga, Maharajashanda, Vira-Narayana and Afisaya-dhavala.

From the Kyasanur inscription, bearing no date, it appears that Sankaraganda, a feudatory of Amogha- varsha, was the governor of Banavasi.

846 AD : Sankaraganda
25th September, 846 AD: Mallikarjuna Palli, Sadasivpet Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a slab in front of Mallikarjuna temple of the village. This inscription was badly worn out and damaged. It registers the gift of 12 marttars of land and one marttar of wetland as per rajamana, to the temple of Isvara of Piriya Pippari, by Kommana, lord of Panuravadi - 27000 while Sankaraganda was administering the area, after washing the feet of the priest Bankeya and another marttar of wetland in the same gramam as Siddhaya. It also registers the gift of land to the Jinalaya of Munipalle by Permmanadi Devaraya of Pippari. Vasudeva bhatara of Munipalle was the engraver.

750 AD to 982 AD: Kakatiyas ruled as vassals to Rashrakuta.


967 AD : Bibbayya or Bibbarasa 
15th April, A.D. 967 : Vendikole, Andole Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a slab laying before the Siva temple. The inscription records the gift of 12 marttars of land along with Siddhaya by the five gavundas named Padavala Bibbayya, Aychana, Revana, Banka Revana and Prabhu Bibbayya, to the god Adithya Deva of Endikol, with the permission of Bijjarasa of Kasugula. The gift was kept in the custody of Bhattaraka of Pundi.

973 AD - 1158 AD : Western Chalukyas (Kalyani Chalukyas)
973 - 997 AD : Tailapa II
973 AD : Soma Permanadi I
Tailapa-II was one of the feudatories of the Rastrakutas and declared independence from Rashtrakutas after killing Karka and occupied his capital Manyakheta.

10th April, A.D. 973 : Koraprolu, Medak District.
This inscription is dated S. 895, Srimukha Vaisakha su. 5, Thursday. (A.D. 973, April 10). The king's feudatory, Mahamandalesvara Soma Permanadi was governing Koraprola in Kasavula-seventy from the capital Koraprola. The inscription records land grants to the god Bibbesvara constructed by his father Bibbarasa. This is the earliest record of the Chalukyas of Kalyana in Telangana as it is dated in the regnal year of Tailapa II, the founder of the Chalukya dynasty.

10th April, A.D. 973
: Kannada.This inscription is on a slab lying before Mahadeva Temple. The inscription records the gift of lands in the grama of Korapol, towards the daily rites of the god Bibbesvara, at the time of Consecration by Lakshmi Barasi, daughter of Bibbarasa. The said donor was the wife of Soma Permanadi, ruler of Kasavula-70. It also registered another gift of land by Pampa Permanadi, officer in the service of Trailokyamalladeva.Soma Permanadi, ruler of Kasavula-70, bears a string of birudas, one of which describes him as Ahavamallanankaakara.

988 AD : Kalayyarasar
21st February, 988 AD : Palpanuru, Narasapur Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a pillar in a field belonging to Narayana near the tank. The inscription is damaged. It seems to record a gift to a brahmana named Govana of Parapaluru by Kalayyarasar, ascetic.

993 AD : Death of Nagavarma Pandita
21st February, A.D. 993 : Devulapalli, Narasapur Taluk, Medak.
Kannada : This inscription is on a pillar outside the village in the bushes. It records the death of Nagavarma Pandita, a follower of Jaina faith and extols his greatness.

997 - 1008 AD : Satyasraya
1008 - 1015 AD : Vikramaditya V
1006 AD - 1017 AD : Gangayyarasa
1006 AD : Koduru, Medak District. : Chalukyas of Kalyana.
This inscription is on a pillar laying on the tankbund of the village. Registers the gift of the village Korur along with the open field and waste lands to Brahmalingibhatta belonging to Gangesvara of Pottlakere by Mahasamata Gangayyarasa when the king was camping at a place called Ravulakone. The grant was made in front of god Ramesvara of Polaparela. The inscription is installed by Bittyya of Gangarasa's family.

1009 AD : Elmal, Medak.
Engraved on a slab lying on the bund of the village tank and written in Kannada language and characters, the record is dated Saka 931 (AD 1009) and states that when the Chalukya king Irivabedemgadeva was staying in his transit camp Ravulakonde, mahasamanta Gangayyarasa made the grant of the village Kolur to the deity Ramesvara of Chelvarala-virriza on the day of Tula-samkranti. The gift is stated to have been entrusted to Gangesvarada- Brahmalimgibhatarar of Pottalakere, after leaving his feet.

14th May, 1016 AD : Singoor, Andole 
This inscription is on a slab near the project house. The inscription registers the gift of Siddhaya from the lands measuring Kariyakeyya 13 mattar, Karamba 5, and one mattar of gadde land by Samkeyyanayaka to the god Devayya.

1017 AD : Vendicole, Medak.
Of the two Kannada inscriptions, on two different stones set up in the field outside the village, belonging to the Chalukya chief Irivabedemgadeva and dated 939, Parabhava corresponding to AD 1017, the first one records the grant of lands at Vendikola by Bijjeyyarasa to Soma-Jinalaya. The second inscription, registers the grant of lands at Vendlikola by Gangayyarasa to the deity Ramesavaradeva of Polparela-tintha. The gift was entrusted to the Jain pontiff Vimalachandrapanditabhattaraka of Soma-Jinalaya, for the merit of Somayyarasa.

1015 - 1042 AD : Jayasimha II
1040 AD : Mahasamanta Bikkarasa 
15th February, 1040 AD. : Akkaram, Gazvel 
This inscription is on a pillar set up in the Mosque. The inscription records the gift of gadde land measuring 1000 marttars in the village Baliya Kurumariya-36 to Jnanesvara Pandita, after washing his feet at the instance of certain Ballavarasa, towards repairs and daily rites of the temple by Ayvabadevi, wife of mahasamanta Bikkarasa of Kollipaka.

1048 AD : Juvvi Reddi
21st April, 1048 AD : Rayaprolu, Gajwel Taluk
This village is in Gajwel taluk, Medak district and is situated at a distance of about eight miles from its taluk headquarters. There is a big image of Ganesa outside the village and this inscription is engraved on a stone pillar erected near the Ganesa image.

The language of the inscription is Kannada and it is dated Saka 970 Sarvadhari Vaisakha Sukla 5, Thursday corresponding to A.D. 1048, April 21.

It records the construction of a mandapa to the Vinayaka by Juvvi Reddi son of a certain gavunda of the village Ravipolala. He also constructed another mandapa to a hero named Viravisipa Vallabha in the same village. There is no mention of any king who ruled over the region at that period.

21st April, 1048 AD : Rayapole, Gazvel 
This inscription is on the Dhwaja Stambha slab in front of Ganesa temple. This inscription records the consecration of the god Vinayaka and construction of Hanumanta as well as satra choultry by Juvvi raddi, son of Huvinagavunda of Ravipola agrahara.

1014 AD - 1069 AD: Pampa Permadi or Permandadi
Nandikandi, Siddipet Taluk
23rd December 1014 AD : Kannada.
This inscription is on a slab in front of Ramalingeswara temple. The inscription registers the gift of vrittis from his bhattasvamya teja vritti land, by pampa Permmandi, towards the daily rites of the god Namesvara of Koduru, after washing the feet of Vakhyanadevara of Kiriyakandi, for the merit of prabhus Buyyanayya, Marajayya and Madikabbe.

This inscription is on a stone set up in front of the Dhvajastambha of the temple, dated S. 936; Nala, Uttarayana Samkranti, Thursday. [A.D. not verifiable, Ananda corresponds to S. 936 and Uttarayana Samkranti falls on Friday A.D. 1014 Dec. 24]. Records the gift of the village Kovuru to the god Namesvara after washing the feet of Vakhana (Vrishana ?) deva of Kiriya Kandi by Mahamandalesvara Pampa Permadi. A grant for feeding fifty Ascetics and students was also made by other chiefs.

Kohir, Medak District.
Chalukya of Kalyana.
Vikramaditya V and Bhuvanaikamalla (Somesvara II). : A.D. 1014 and A.D. 1050-51.
Kannada.
This inscription is on four sides of a slab built into the Virasangayya-katta. The same king also dated saka 991 refers to Pampa-permanadi as a subordinate of the king. The Nandikandi and Kolkur records (A.R. Ep., 1960-61, B 94 and B 91) dated Saka 936 (1014 A.D.) and Saka 972 (1050-51 A.D.), respectively refer to a Pampa-permanadi as a feudatory of Vikramaditya V and Somesvara I. If Pampa-permanad of our record is identical with his namesake mentioned in the other two epigraphs then we may have to suppose that he held the office for a long period of 55 years. Veltur also refers to mahapradhana Pampa-permanadi and gives the name of his wife as Jakkaladevi. The details pertaining to the king and date are lost, the record being unfortunately fragmentary.

17th February A.D. 1048 AD : Gorrekal, Andole 
This inscription is on a pillar lying in the village. The inscription registers the gift of land measuring 20 marttars of gadde. variety, within his fief [tammasvamya] in Goragavola, after making it free from all obstacles, by Nagadevayya, lord of Budapura agrahara to Kanaka- Prithvi deva disciple of Kirtti Siddhanta bhattaraka, after washing his feet, towards the maintenance of a basadi. The said land lay within the fief of the agrahara. The said agrahara was included in Kasavaula-70 and the ruler of the fief was Pampa Permanadi.

1064 AD : Soma Permanadi II
20th December, A.D. 1064. : Antwar, Narayankhed, Medak
Telugu and Kannada.
This inscription begins with the usual prasasti of the Western Chalukyas and also that while Somesvara I Trailokyamalla was ruling, mentions his fedatory, maha mandalesvara Somapermanadi, who probably made a grant. Details of the grant are not clear.

1065 AD : Asagamarasa
1065 AD : Mulugu, Medak.
the Saka year 987, the record refers to Asgamarasa with the title mahamandelaswara.

1069 AD : Padavala Chavundamayya
1069 AD : Kohir, Zaheerabad Taluk
This inscription is in forsides of a slab built into the Virasangayya-katta. Lower portion of the slab is broken and lost. Seems to register a gift to a basadi constructed by padavala Chavundamayya a disciple of Subhachandra-siddhantadeva. Refers to Pampapermanadi who was a subordinate of the king.

1121 AD : General Gandadandadhisvara ruling from Lattalur-pura, once the capital of Rashtrakutas

Minpur, Andole Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a slab behind the old dilapidated School of the Village. Damaged. The inscription records the gift of one Pannasa of land to Brahmasakti Bhattaraka, a resident of Dhammadriparvata by the king, for performing Upavasa rites.

In 1158 CE, the Silaharas from the North and Hoysalas from the South attacked and finally extinguished
the Chalukyas.


The Silaharas of Vijayapura or Bijapur
They call themselves kopanapuravaradhisvara or Tagaranagaradhisvara residing in the district of Tardavadi Thousand and most of them enjoyed the status of Mahamandalesvara under the Chalukyas of Kalyana, the Kalachuryas and the Yadavas

1098 AD - 1136 : Mallarasa
6th December, 1098 AD : Vijadnagar, Banswada
It records the gift of land for the maintenance of the daily routine of the temple Sayirabada. The gift was placed in the custody of Rudrasakti, the priest of Nakhareswara temple of Podana. The administrative division Sayirabada might be the same as Sabbisayira known already through several Kalyana Chalukya and Kakatiya inscriptions.

20th December 1098 AD : Wajidnagar, Bichkunda Mandal
This inscription is on a pillar near the tankbund. The inscription records the gift of 10 marttars of land for the worship and daily rites as well as repairs of the temple of Somanatha by mahamandalesvara Kalicorarasar, lord of Amaravati Pura, after washing the feet of Rudrasakti Pandita, on the occasion of Uttarayana Sankranti. It also mentions the names of officers viz., Prabhu dandanayaka Simgarasa, Heggade Nagadeva nayaka of the lord (Prabhu) Mallarasa.

10th March, 1134 AD : Bheemgal.
This inscription is on a pillar near ruined Sivalayam. Records the gift of 8 marttars of Kariya (Black soil) and tota (garden land) towards the daily rites of the god Kesavadeva by Preggade Nagavarma who was in the service of mahamandalesvara Mallarasar.

1140 AD : Bodhan
This inscription is on a slab near a water tank. Mentions a certain Aliya Mallarasaru, Son-in-law of Eravarasa. It refers to some gift made by Mallarasaru to the god Siddhesvara of D[h]ronapalli. The gift particulars are not worn out.

1136 AD  - 1140 AD : Soma Permadi
15th November, 1137 AD : Desaipet, Banswada Mandal
This inscription is on a stone slab in the courtyard of the Somesvara temple. The inscription registers some gift to the Jaina ascetic Balacamdradeva, after washing his feet by Dhumappa, towards maintenance of the Jaina basadi, while mahamandalesvara Soma Permadi was ruling.

30th July A.D. 1139 : Velupugonda, Andole Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a pillar lying in a field outside the village. The inscription records the gift of lands towards the daily rites of the god Mailaradevara of Velupugonda situated in the unit Kusuva-73 falling within Savalakke by Savi Permmanadi in the 2nd regnal year of Jagadekamalla.

1145 AD : Pampa Permadi
1145 AD : Neradigunta, Andole Taluk, Medak
This inscription is on a pillar in the burial ground. The inscription registers the gift of land towards the daily rites of the god Somanathadevara and for feeding the mendicants, by the prabhus of Neradugumte, by Pamparasa, son of Kasula Soma Permmaḍiyarasa and Gundamanika Ahavamallaraja. The gift was handed over to the sthanapati of the temple and Nakhara. Also registers the gift of land measuring one marttar by Pochisetti. Cash donations as well as land were also made by Potisetti to the god Somanatha Deva.

1145 AD : Neredigunta, Andol Mandal, Medak.
This inscription, engraved on four sides of a pillar lying in the field of one Sangamnesvara Reddy in the village, is written in Kannada language and characters. Dated in the eighth regnal year of Jagadekamalla II (A.D. 1145), it records the gift of one matter of land located at the beginning of the western canal of Pampasamudra for providing food offerings and to meet other expenses of the festivities in the months of Kartika and Vaisakha. A portion of money out of the income accrued from the sales made outside by the nakharas, a garden and V2 matter of land were gifted to the temple of Somanatha Deva by aseshaprabhus of Neredugunte. The gift was made at the instructions of mahamandalesvara Permadi and mahamandalesvara Gundamanika Ahavamallarasa.

1152 AD : Soma Permanadi III
4th August A.D. 1152 : Dakur, Andole Taluk, Medak
This inscription is on a stone slab in front of Veerabhadra swamy temple. The inscription registers the gift of gadde land in the catchment area of the tank Appakabbe Kereya with yielding capacity in Kartika and Vaisakha months measuring 2 marttars, 20 marttars, 12 marttars of Karamba land in the village Rodanahalu, one mattar of flower garden and 15 house plots in the village, towards the daily rites of the god Mayilalesvara by the Prabhus of Dakuru and to the god Bijjesvara by Somapermmanadi.

1152 AD : Pereya Mallarasa
4th June, 1152 AD : Jukkal
Nurmmadi Trailokyamalla (Tailapa-III)
It is on a pillar in front of Hanuman temple. This inscription registers the gift of 20 and 12 marttars of land for the daily offerings and perpetual burning of the lamp to the gods Bijjesvaradeva and Nandi Betesvaradeva by mahamandalesvara Pereya Mallarasaru, during the reign of Trailokyamalladeva identifiable with Tailapa III.

1158 AD - 1323 AD : Kakatiya Dynasty

Chalukya Pochigadevaraja
Singoor, Andole Taluk, Medak.
This inscription is on a slab near the project house. The inscription records the gift of 10 marttars of regadu land as Vrtti (tenure) to the god Svamideva by a certain Chalukya Pochigadevaraja.

1323 AD - 1336 AD : Tughlaq Dynasty

1325 AD – 1368 AD : Musunuri Nayaks
1325 AD - 1333 AD : Prolaya Nayaka
Kolani Rudradeva and Annaya Mantri were patriotic people who were capable of uniting the Nayak chieftains. They chose a valiant Nayak as their leader, Musunuri Prolayanayak or 'Prolaaneedu; and he was known for being a bold warrior.

1333 AD - 1368 AD : Kapaya Nayaka
Kapaya Nayaka led a larger rebellion against the Tughluq rule, driving it out of Warangal in 1336. According to the Kaluvacheru grant of Anithalli, a female member of the Panta Reddi clan in 1423, Kapaya Nayaka was assisted by 75 Nayakas. The grant also states that Prolaya Vema Reddi was one among these 75 Nayakas.

Kapaya Nayaka took control of Warangal from Malik Maqbul or Mala Yugandharudu in 1336 and thus also of a wider swathe of eastern Telangana that was governed from there. He also tried to support other rebels in the surrounding areas, although in the case of aid given to Alauddin Bahman Shah, the outcome was that his fellow rebel turned on him. Several military engagements with Bahman Shah followed over a period of years, during which Kapaya Nayaka had to cede various forts and territories, including Golconda (near modern Hyderabad).

1350 AD - 1518 AD : Bahmani Sultanate / Kingdom (1347 AD - 1527 AD)
Founder : Zafar Khan or Hasan Gangu or Allauddin Hassan or Ala-ud-Din Bahman ShahCapitals : Kalaburgi /Aḥsanabad now Gulbarga (1347–1425), Muhammadabad now Bidar (1425–1527)
Religion: Sunni Islam
Languages : Persian, Marathi, Deccani Urdu, Telugu, Kannada

1350 - Feb 11, 1358 A.D : Ala-ud-Din Bahman Shah (Aug 3, 1347 to Feb 11, 1358)
1350 : Bahman Shah led his first campaign against Warangal in 1350 and forced its ruler Kapaya Nayaka to cede to him the fortress of Kaulas, who entered into treaty and became friend of Sikandar and loyal to the King.

11th February 1358 to 21st April 1375 A.D : Muhammad Shah-I
He is better known as organizer of Bahmani Kingdom and founder of its institutions.

March 23, 1363 : His attack on Warangal in 1363 brought him a large indemnity, including the important fortress of Golkonda and his Silver throne from his father was replaced by the magnificent Takht-e-Firoza (Turquoise Throne) presented by Kapaya Nayak, which thereafter became the throne of the Bahmani kings.

1368 AD - 1383 AD : Recherla Anavotha nayaka (1361 AD - 1383 AD)
Capital : Rachakonda
1368 AD : Recherla Cheif Anapota Nayaka of Rachakonda defeated and killed Kapaya Nayaka. After avenging their father, Anapota I and Mada I attacked Musunuri Kapaya Nayaka for the control of Warangal fort, they defeated and killed him at Bhimavaram battle in 1368 AD.

19th January A.D. 1380 : Rayavaram, Gazvel 
This inscription is on a pillar set up near the Rama temple, dated Saka 1301, Siddharthi, Madhava masa raka tithi, Sura guruvara=Thursday, 19th January, A.D. 1380.  The inscription records the excavation of a tank called Rayasamudra for the use of the people. The composer of the inscription was Pochanarayya of the Bharadwaja Gotra.

21st April 1375 - 16th April 1378 A.D : Mujahid Shah

April 16, 1378 - May 21, 1378 AD : Daud Shah I

May 21, 1378 - April 20, 1397 A.D : Muhammad Shah-ll

April 20, 1397 - June 14, 1397 AD : GHIYAS-UD-DIN TAHMATAN SHAH

June 14, 1397 AD - Nov 15, 1397 AD : SHAMS-UD-DIN DAUD SHAH II

Nov 16, 1397 - Sep 22, 1422 A.D : Feroz Shah Bahmani or TAJ-UD-DIN FIROZ SHAH
1418 AD : A Telugu inscription in Tellapur of Medak district dating back to Saka 1340 (1418 AD), engraved on a stone slab kept in between two big pillars outside the village refers to Phirojashah Sultan.

It records construction of a step-well (nadabavi) with a provision for a water-drawing device (etamu) in the Telumganapura by Nagoju and Layyaloju, descendants of Visva-karmarishi and Valla-bhoju, gift of a mango garden situated on the north of a tank by Nagoju and the presentation of a golden chain and a medal to Phiro-jashah Sultan (Surat-rana) by Layyaloju.

Nagoju's elder son Konddaminidi Maloju and his sons Nagoju , Ayyaloju and Vallabhoju. The relationship between Nagoju and Pochoju is not mentioned clearly. Further Konddamindi Malloju's son Nagoju is stated in this inscription as the ' Kuladīpaka '

Mayiloju
Pochoju
Nagoju
Konddamindi Malloju
Nagoju , Ayyaloju and Vallabhoju

Sep 22, 1422 - Apr 17, 1436 A.D : Ahmad Shah I or SHIHAB-UD-DIN AHMAD I
Anna
Wife : Mallamamba
Brothers : Mallaya, Vennaya and Kacha of Yaduvamsa
Sons : Nagaya, Kasavya and Machaya.

Nagaya
Wife : Nagamamba. 
Sons : Kachana, Pannaya and Limga

Apr 17, 1436 - May 6, 1458 : Ahmad Shah II or ALA-UD-DIN AHMAD II
Wife : Kasavamba daughter of Recherla Pannaya Nayaka
Daughter : Jayi
1453 AD : Recherla Pannaya Nayaka
19th March, A.D. 1453 : Darpalli, Ramayampet, Medak 
It records the excavation of a tank in the village Darapalli named Pamnasamudram, evidently named after the Chief Pamna, ruling from Devadripattana. 

20th March, A.D. 1453 : Darapalli, Ramayampet
The record introduces a new line of family members, probably scions of the Recharla family. According to the inscription, certain Annasauri, who was an embodiment of all virtues, has four brothers viz. Mallaya, Venna, Kacha and Anavota. Among them Anna Suri was the eldest and had 3 sons through his wife Mallamamba. Namely Nagaya, Kachaya and Machana. Among them, Nagaya had 3 sons viz. Katcha, Pannaya and Linga through his wife Akkamamba. Among them Pannaya was attributed with more titles of virtue which closely resemble those of Recherla vamsa chiefs of Rachakonda and Devarakonda. Pannaya had a daughter by name Kasavamba, who was an embodiment of all virtues and had a beautiful face which resembled the Moon. The record also mentions that Kasavamba married Sultan Allauddin and acquired the status of the queen. It is interesting that a hindu princess married a Sultan, that too from a ruling family during the late mediaeval period. She had a daughter by name Jayi who excavated a canal in the vicinity of the village Daripalli for the merit of all human beings and for the merit of her maternal grandfather. The text was composed by the poet Praudha Bharati. 


1509 AD – 1529 AD : Vijayanagara Empire (Tuluva dynasty) - Krishna Deva Raya Rule


1518 AD – 1687 AD : Qutbshahis / Golconda Sultanate

1687 AD - 1724 AD : Mughal Empire


1724 AD - 1948 AD : Asaf Jahis


Sep 17, 1948 - Oct 31, 1956 : Hyderabad State, India.
25th December 1924 : Medak Cathedral was constructed by Reverend Charles Walker Posnett to feed the poor during famine. From 1914 to 1924 the farmers toiled to erect the church and Thomas Edward Harding, the architect, left no stone unturned in building the cathedral.

1 November, 1956 - 1 June, 2014 : Andhra Pradesh State, India

2 June, 2014 : Telangana


Comments